Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Rates/Programs for 1st Time Buyer

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Mortgage Rates/Programs for 1st Time Buyer

I'm looking to purchase a home in 2008 and I was curious what type of loans I will qualify for. As of 10/07 my FICO scores are TU-735, EQ-718, EX-730. The only derogs I have are some 2 year-old lates on a closed PIF Discover Card - I'm waiting for a response to a GW letter on this account. 
10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ujocka
Valued Member

Re: Mortgage Rates/Programs for 1st Time Buyer

Your question is pretty general. To get quality answers you should try to be more specific. Are you bringing a down payment to the table? If so how much? What price range are you looking in? Is it you purchasing alone, or with a spouse? With those scores you should have plenty of options as long as your DTI ratio and income are sufficient for the price range your are interested in.
From Chapter 13 discharge and low 500s in 2015 to EQ: 781 TU: 767 EX: 794 in 2017...Make your vision your reality.
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage Rates/Programs for 1st Time Buyer

ujocka asked some great questions... knowing what (or if) you'd qualify will depend on sales price, down payment (if any), debt-to-income ratio (your total monthly expenses, including the new house payment, divided by your total monthly income), and reserves (money/stocks/IRA/401k, etc. in the bank after down payment/closing costs) all play a part in qualifying.  Since you have excellent credit that is a start, but the other info needs to be known.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.