cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Refinance turns into Home equity debt consolidation loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Refinance turns into Home equity debt consolidation loan?

With rates as low as they are, I decided to see what lendingtree could do for me. My current loan with PHH is 6.69 which is a little high in todays market.

While talking with someone from lendingtree they also mentioned doing a home equity loan for debt consolidation. Now IMO my debt isn't great enough to do so and I wanted to get some opinions on the program.

I owe roughly $23k for an auto loan, $140 on a cc, and roughly $2000 on 3 home improvement project loans. I was imformed that I would save $900 per month by consolidating this debt per month while keeping my mortgage payments about the same.

Good or bad Idea?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Refinance turns into Home equity debt consolidation loan?

Unless you are in serious finacial distress do not do it. Refi the current loan and use the money you save on that to start paying off the other debts.  Do nto refi short term debt into a long term loan..

Also, I believe the rate on a cash out refi is usually higher than a non cash out.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.