Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Report vs. MyFico Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Report vs. MyFico Report

Hello,

I recently recieved 2 reports (a few months apart) from a mortgage lender and while the reports are virtually the same as the ones I buy here

or at the bureau's sites but my scores vary huge and fluctuate so much, one day I am 4 pts from mortgage qualifying and the next I am back to high

500's on report or another....How does one get thier actual mortgage scores/reports like that mortage people do?. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Regular Contributor

Re: Mortgage Report vs. MyFico Report

No one has access to pull the scores that their lenders pull. The scores that are available on myfico can vary from the scores that your lender pulls.

From my person experience my Equifax was the same as what was pulled here, but my Transunion was different. The scoring model that is used on myfico for Transunion is TU 98 and to my knowledge the scoring model that is used by many lenders is TU 04. So unfortunately you will not be able to keep an eye on the scores your lender pulls. 

What I would focus on is what is bringing your scores down? Do you have high credit card utilization that you could pay down to increase your score? 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Report vs. MyFico Report

even though things look the same a couple of months is a long time

I find when people get myfico scores they are almost always the same when I pull the same day

This is as good as it gets for the consumer

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.