Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Review

tag
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

Re: Mortgage Review

As long as the pull is for the same type of financing (car, home, cc, etc.) they will count as one within in a certain period of time. I believe it is 30 days.

PMI insurance is not considerably high, but you don't really get a say in what you pay for that. It is a set rate.

The broker is probably charging you an upcharge on the rate, since that is how they make their money. Check with your credit union/bank and see if they recommend or have a mortgage company that you can shop with. It's always good to check with 3 or 4 lenders, since you want to find the best deal that you can.

I have not heard very good things about brokers, but I don't have any experience in that arena.

Best of luck to you!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 11 of 16
namvet
Established Contributor

@my25reasons wrote:

As long as the pull is for the same type of financing (car, home, cc, etc.) they will count as one within in a certain period of time. I believe it is 30 days.

PMI insurance is not considerably high, but you don't really get a say in what you pay for that. It is a set rate.

The broker is probably charging you an upcharge on the rate, since that is how they make their money. Check with your credit union/bank and see if they recommend or have a mortgage company that you can shop with. It's always good to check with 3 or 4 lenders, since you want to find the best deal that you can.

I have not heard very good things about brokers, but I don't have any experience in that arena.

Best of luck to you!

Mortgage brokers come in all shapes and sizes just  like bankers, mortgage bankers etc.  A broker will always be your best option in finding a loan that fits.  A good broker gets most of his/her business via word of mouth.  Check with your realtor to find a good one.   

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will check a few others but i checked the Freddie Mac 30 yr fixed today and it is showing 3.95% - Maybe the market has gone up?

http://www.citizensbank.com/mortgages/market-report.aspx

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt that its a jumbo. I live in MA. He hasnt told me what loan it is - conventional or FHA. is the PMI on FHA loans high?

You're right if your at 400 k then it would still be in the conforming limit.  However 417k is the limit in 6 out of 14 counties with 426 in one and 465 in five others.  Only two top your 400k by a considerable margin.  This is according to the most updated list for Massachusetts.

Message 14 of 16
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Jumbo is the first thing that popped in my mind as well.  Certainly find out what kind of loan program it is.

Message 15 of 16
ripper998
New Contributor

we locked in our rate yesterday and they were showing 4% with 3.5% down on a FHA.  Through a broker.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.