Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Scenario

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Scenario

Here's a scenario for all your mortgage gurus...

My current Ficos are TU 635, EX 689, EQ 666. My wife's Ficos are TU 642, EX 672, EQ 663. We are currently disputing some incorrect info on our credit reports that we have documentation to prove are wrong and should be cleared up in the next month or 2...so I know our Fico's will be getting a bit higher. My wife works in the financial industry and has a fully documented income of about 38k a year...I am a tattoo artist who deals with lots of cash...The only proof of income I have until next year's taxes are bank statements...and I have made approximately 60k this year. We have a discharged bankruptcy in 2005, as well as a 14k tax lien that is almost paid off but currently is showing active. This will be paid and released in about a month. We just signed a lease on a home with an option to purchase in 6 months with a 6 month extension if we need it. The home is locked in at 235k and appraises at around 310k. It was trashed and has been gutted and we are renovating it ourselves which is why we are getting such a good price on it. We are going to need 100% financing around the beginning of December if all goes well. How hard is this going to be to make happen? Will the bankruptcy and tax lien automatically force us into sub-prime even if we can get our ficos up to 680-700 midscores? Any help, comments, suggestions, etc. are appreciated...We're in Arizona if that helps at all. Thanks!

-- Eric
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Scenario

FICO's should not be an issue-

I know several brokers in Phoenix/Scottsdale PM if you want their contact info. Otherwise work with your current bank/credit Union. Arizona Federal Credit Union has been good to me.

FHA will probably not want to touch it if the house is not 100% complete-

How much $ will it cost to repair?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Scenario

Getting the home to 100% shouldn't be too expensive because I'm actually bartering all the contract labor and painting in exchange for tattoo work...So I am only going to be out the costs of materials, paint, toilets, sinks, counters. I was actually able to obtain a FULL kitchen set of nice new kitchen cabinets in trade for tattoo work from one of my clients. Luckily, I'm a pretty good artist so it's not too hard to get people to trade work with me. Hehe. We had 3 broken windows and the back sliding doors were broken so we had to order 3 whole new window assemblies and we put french doors in the back of the house. It's coming along...it'll probably be 2 months before it's fully 100% and we're living there. If you could send me the contact info on the Phoenix/Scottsdale brokers I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

-- Eric
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.