Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Score Help!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Score Help!!!

My current mortgage scores are TU: 707, EQ: 654, EX : 645; my fico 8 are TU 685, EQ 665, EX 605 (I hate experian). My county offers a down payment assistance program for FHA loans, to qualify I need a middle score 660. Two questions. First, anyone know of anything I can do to boost up 6pts in the next month? Secondly, could I still be approved for the program if my fico 8 is 665? I am in Indiana, the progr is through ihdc.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ucdcrew
Contributor

Re: Mortgage Score Help!!!

Utilization - pay down cards.  Worked for me - YMMV

Message 2 of 14
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Hi Tdellis28,

Do you know if the area you're looking to buy in USDA eligible?

A lot of DPA programs like IHDC came with strings including higher rates & occupancy restrictions so you really need to look at them to make sure it's something you can live with.
If you're going to have to bring up your scores to qualify for a DPA program you should also look at conventional options to see which option is the best fit for you.
VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the area is in usda. I tried that first. The administrator in my area for usda (pathfinder) said I needed atleast 640, 2 wks had that. Then said I need 2 tradelines over a year old, said get an au, a week later had that, then he said the au wont work, and tgat I wouldnt qualify until my personal loan hit annual in January. Kicker is the loan is only for a year so it will drop off in January. My next cc wont hit a year until March. I asked about my student loans (they are my oldest account, at 10yrs) counting and copied and pasted the qualifications handbook where NOTHING shows that a 2nd tradeline is necessary if have two qualifying scores... He wont return my calls now. I applied again over 3wks ago thinking someone else would verify file, no response.... So feeling a little drained and discouraged. I moved back in with my parents this week bc my landlord cant afford to fix a broken mainline in the house I was renting...
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry so long
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forget that lender get a USDA broker from the USDA approved lenders list at Rd.usda.gov and remember with guaranteed the lenders are allowed overlays so just choose a different one.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you FIREMEDII!!! I will be contacting them tomorrow!!!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest way for us to advise you is for you to list all your credit cards, like this:

Card 1.   Balance = ___     Credit Limit = ____

Card 2.   Balance = ___     Credit Limit = ____

Card 3.   Balance = ___     Credit Limit = ____

etc.

Also indicate which one is an AU,

Once you do that it shouldn't be too hard to get you the extra points.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFU: Balance: 636 credit limit:2500
CC2: balance 30. credit limit 300 - stupid annual fee, paid in full but hasn't updated yet
cc3: balance 0. Credit limit 300
Cc4: balance 0. Credit limit 6000-store cc
Cc5 balance 0. Credit limit 1500-au
No auto loan
Installment loan $24 balance. Starting balance was 300
No baddies on TU or EX, one paid collection on EQ
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.rd.usda.gov/files/SFHGLDApprovedLenders.pdf

We are in Indiana but our broker was out of Florida and is on this list. Try to find someone familiar with your area but at the same time don't let that stop your dream.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.