Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Score much lower than FICO

tag
tjmolly
Regular Contributor

Mortgage Score much lower than FICO

My FICO mortgage score is some 60 pts lower than my regular FICO score. What gives? I have a mortgage and pay on time, i had lates in the past but that was years ago.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Score much lower than FICO

Mine is much lower on Equifax (50 points!) and quite a bit higher on the other two than FICO 8. It's really odd.

Looking at mine, it seems like the mortgage score plummeted once I was over 600 on FICO 8. Before that, ALL of my mortgage scores were higher than my 8. Then my score climbed and somehow Equifax decided to be a hater and dump my mortgage score way down.

It's odd but my lender uses trimerge mid and that's my lowest so it didn't matter.
Message 2 of 4
echoecho
Regular Contributor

As some have already pointed out, each file is different. With my oldest tl at 26yrs and clean file , my mtg scores only have a 12 pt spread. My fico 8 with only 5 pts diff.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you figure that out please let everyone else know as the algorithms for all fico scoring is apparently a secret
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.