Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Scores Low

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Scores Low

So, I need some help. My husband and I are wanting​ to build a home on our own land.

I've worked for 3 years trying to get our credit cleaned up and back on track so we could achieve this goal.

Heres the skinny:
Auto loan- 3.5 yrs (never late)
Student loans (6 total - defaulted 2x in 2007 & then again in 2013) refinanced and consolidated into 2 loans in June 2016 and have been on time ever since. However 2 different student lenders are reported from 2011-2013 so 12 accts show up negatively instead of only 6. I have disputed this with all 3 CRA as duplicate but waiting for answers on that.
Capital one CC $300 CL- balance $26 so utilization is low
2 Medical​ collections 1. $818 2. 736. Both from 2016

He is an authorized user on a Citi Bank card with a $7500 CL - Bal is $2900.

Tractor Loan $22000 balance $19000 opened 4/2017 never late.

His Fico 8 scores:
EQ: 633 Fico 5 mortgage (579)
TU: 667 mortgage (603)
EX: 623 mortgage (623)

My question is... I need his mid-score for mortgage to be at 620 to get the construction loan.. what can I do to raise this score?

Please help!! Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Scores Low

I would try to contact the medical collections an ask them if you pay in full if they will delete the collection reporting.   That should help his scores because the derogatorries would be gone.   Be prepared to pay in full tho.

Also - ask for help in the Rebuiling Section - they are awesome at providing advice on these types of situations.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Scores Low

Thank You for the reply!!! I appreciate it tremendously!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.