Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Scores

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage Scores

That is great. I need to learn from you how to raise it over 102. I am not sure what our option is. My main thing is the debt. I have no doubt I can have it paid off in 90 days. The rest is medical collections. I talked with the preferred lender from the home builders and he said because we are first time home buyers and we have down payment assistance from my wife’s work plus cash, we should be ok. We don’t need to have the house till end of Feb. What did you do to raise it 102? Can you PM me?? Thank you.
Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That 69% utilization is aggregate so it doesn't tell us enough.  Do you have any accounts with more than 90% utilization?  If so, those are absolutely destroying your scores.

You need to work on paying it all down to $0 except for one account at $5.  Your scores may jump significantly.

Message 12 of 14
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That 69% utilization is aggregate so it doesn't tell us enough.  Do you have any accounts with more than 90% utilization?  If so, those are absolutely destroying your scores.

You need to work on paying it all down to $0 except for one account at $5.  Your scores may jump significantly.

I actually went a few days ago and had them pull the credit.  He said I needed to pay down $3,300 and my scores will be where they need to do to get a loan.  I was surprised only $3,300.  I paid it down 4k.  I am going back on Monday to have them Rapid Rescore and see where I stand.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 13 of 14
Cprman
Contributor

It's nice to be able to qualify for a loan, but with more work on the utilization you may be able to get your scores up pretty quickly and get a better interest rate and better loan.

Also I see something about your wife's work contributing down payment assistance. If your wife is on the loan too, her scores matter as well. Your debt to income may be much better if she is on the loan. 

I've seen many just barely get pre-approved for a loan just to find a house and have underwriters on day 28 nix the loan. 

5/08 EQ 696.....9/13 EQ 796.....9/17 EX 824, EQ 843
Amex Blue Cash 15K || PenFed Cash Rewards 18K || Chase Freedom 12K || Cap1 Quicksilver 15K || Amazon Prime 3.8K || Citi Double Cash 10.8K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.