A little frustrated.  My FICO scores are:

EQ - 668

TU - 698

EX - 720

My FICO mortgage scores are:

EQ -675

TU -  672

EX - 647

Is there something that I can do pull up my mortgage scores?  Why such a difference between my experian fico and mortgage scores?  All my accounts are in good standing.  Utilization is at around 25%.  Working on getting that down.  No late payments.  The only baddie I currently have is a medical collection from 3 years ago that I'm working on getting removed.  Looking to get a VA home loan this summer.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Scores

If you're going to use the VA loan, then your scores are already fine. VA loan rate isn't score sensitive and there isn't PMI, so being at 672 isn't a deal breaker. I have no idea what is on your credit report, so I can't really venture a guess as to why the scores as so disparate.

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mortgage Scores

@Anonymous wrote:

If you're going to use the VA loan, then your scores are already fine. VA loan rate isn't score sensitive and there isn't PMI, so being at 672 isn't a deal breaker. I have no idea what is on your credit report, so I can't really venture a guess as to why the scores as so disparate.

^^^Exactly right.

One comment:  VA loans are awesome. You don't have PMI/MIP as stated above and the rates are terrific now. Go for it Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.