Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage - Short Sales

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage - Short Sales

I see an ad on an MLS search for a Short Sale home that is asking for $298,000... I am going to inspect the house tonight and might possible make an offer, but not sure what I may be facing here.

According to Zillow the house is worth around the mid 400's, the house was purchased in 04 for 366k, and I am curious if the 298k they are asking for is including what they have not paid in taxes, or would I still have to cover that?

So if I am getting a loan saying I can put 30k down for the house and taking a loan for 270k which is about 90% LTV can they expect me to then possibly pull out another 3-4 in unpaid taxes if they haven't paid yet on top of closing costs?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage - Short Sales

The seller would have to pay for any past due taxes from their sales proceeds... if their lender has OK'd a short sale, odds are the lender knows all of the anticipated seller related expenses that would be incurred.  How did you like the home?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.