cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage UW Timeline Question...BIG UPDATE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage UW Timeline Question...BIG UPDATE!

Hi all, I'm currently in contract on a house, and just had a quick question about the timeline of things...

We were pre-approved, put the offer in, offer was accepted, etc.

I locked in the loan rate soon after, inspection went fine, loan officer said that she would forward my application to underwriting with all my documentation and order the title and appraisal.

About a week later, appraisal came back, right in line with the selling price of the house, LO said appraisal was sent to the underwriter.

Loan officer called my homeowner's insurance company last week to give them information on where to send the insurance binder for closing..

I have never been informed that I've been conditionally approved or anything, and the only conditional documents that have been requested have all be initiated by the LO (things like the appraisal and title). The only thing I recall being asked for was my landlord's info and homeowner's insurance provider. I submitted all my financial documents early in the process.

My question is, would this mean I'm in the final throes of this thing?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage UW Timeline Question

...wrong thread.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious about this answer!

Message 4 of 20
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious about this answer!

Me too! I'm at a similar stage in the process (I think) so I"m anxious to hear any replies.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not 100% but I'm guessing you should be good to go with the UW. We were just approved by our underwriter on Monday and our LO requested the insurance and landlord's info. and ordered the appraisal.  So I'm guessing the UW wouldn't be messing with all that stuff if you aren't approved. I would ask your LO.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kimmy, I just went ahead and sent an e-mail to my LO.

I just don't ever feel like 'bugging' them, but I haven't actually spoken with her since April 6th after the appraisal came back, so I figure it's acceptable to send an e-mail.

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha ha don't feel bad. My LO and I were emailing back and forth yesterday morning. That's their job to help you through the process. Let us all know what happens. Good VibesSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, I e-mailed and got this response:

Yes, we're on track.

Thank you,

(LO)

I suppose that's good =)
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations homeownerSmiley Happy Mine went the same way I didn't even know I was in contract until it was time to get the inspection (lol) I thought we were still negotiating! The last thing they do is the insurance binder from the insurance company, and the title can usually come back within 24-48 hours as I was told my my mortgage broker. I was expecting at least another month of the process when I got the call from my mortgage broker (which I thought was for more paperwork or something) and all he asked me was 2:30pm good for me on Thursday to close and it was on a Tuesday morning when he called meSmiley Happy So I wouldn't worry I would start packing! My whole process from seeing the house to placing the offer the very next day to closing was 37 days and that was with a few setbacks (like water line having to be dug up for inspection, appraiser changing at the last minute, etc.

Congratulations

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.