cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Underwriter Wants to remove all my authorized User accounts for True Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Underwriter Wants to remove all my authorized User accounts for True Score

I am in the middle of underwriting, now I have been told they want me to pay $525.00 to have my authorized user accounts removed for the true score.  I have been on my husbands Capitalone Secured with an 800 limit since8 2013, Macys - $800 cl since 2013 Dec,and zales since Feb 2014.  Will removing these accounts drop my scores?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
apeydee416
Contributor

Re: Mortgage Underwriter Wants to remove all my authorized User accounts for True Score

I would venture to say yes, that changes your average age of accounts.

Thats so odd that they want you to do that, I haven't heard of that being a request when spouses have access to each other cards.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Underwriter Wants to remove all my authorized User accounts for True Score

I know... I am wondering should I pull the plug or just go ahead and let them do it.  This is Cross Country Mortgage putting me through all of this..

Message 3 of 16
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

I'm curious, why would you have to pay $525?

Message 4 of 16
apeydee416
Contributor

I know.. calling and having yourself removed through the creditor is FREE.

Something there is shady, shady, shady.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My sentiments exactly, why do I have to pay all this money only to be potenitally denied.  They work with CBC-Innovais

Message 6 of 16
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

To remove yourself an an AU just have the cardholder call and have you removed. I wouldn't give a dime to anyone else to do that.

Message 7 of 16
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@apeydee416 wrote:

I know.. calling and having yourself removed through the creditor is FREE.

Something there is shady, shady, shady.

Agree with apeydee.

Sounds like they are trying to charge him for rapid rescore after the AUs are removed. They aren't supposed to do that at all. It is a lender expense not a borrower expense.

I frankly think the OP ought to find another lender.

Message 8 of 16
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@mynameainttracy wrote:

I'm curious, why would you have to pay $525?

i was thinking the same thing if you an AU you dont have to pay a penny

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what it's  for. They want to rapid rescore. I asked is this an expense that they can pay for?  Loan officer said no.  I wish i could find the legal documentation  to prove It.  I accepted because  they led me on this far... I'm so upset.  I am now working  with quicken while cross country mortgage downers grove il, figure out what else they can make up to charge me.  Quicken makes me ferl comfortable too.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.