Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage activity not being reported on all credit reports-help

tag
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage activity not being reported on all credit reports-help

What you found is interesting Malinoislover.  Did the mortgage report as a "joint" account on your ex-husbands credit?  If so, that would seem to reflect the participation of both spouses.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It used to report at joint.  I think it may have stopped when Wells Fargo merged with Wachovia.  Maybe the "policy" changed then.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone following this thread.  Yes, my brother who is an attorney says it should be reported to on my credit per EOCA. 

It is a violation of EOCA in the 202.10 portion.  Thank you so much to the person who suggested that.

He will be writing a letter demanding that it be corrected.  It appears that the problem lies in the fact that they report to ALL credit agencies and only in my ex-husband's name.  Because they do report, but only in my ex-husbands name, it is a violation.

For now, I really just want it corrected so we won't be seeking damages unless they don't fix the problem.

I am still curious if anyone else has had this problem... (after all, my brother specializes in consumer protection and class-action)

Message 13 of 15
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Interesting, hope the letter does the trick.  Let us know how it turns out.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Wells Fargo is attempting to fix it.  I was actually called by a live person from the dispute department.  Nothing like citing a law that was being violated to actually get to talk to someone.

Anyway, it was the first time anyone has listened and attempted to work through the problem.  It started as the same problem as last time...Wells Fargo blaming Equifax, Equifax blaming Wells Fargo. 

Finally I just told Wells Fargo that I didn't have the power to fix the problem, so they needed to find a new way to do it or they were still in violation of EOCA.  I explained that their previous attempts had been insufficient;  the account had been deleted from Equifax, so any updates just bounced off.  They had to do a reinsertion form.  That has been submitted, now we will se what happens next.

After a year and a half of arguing with them, the citing of a law got the job done.  Sincere thanks to the person that gave me that idea!!!!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.