Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage and Missed IRS payment last year

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Mortgage and Missed IRS payment last year

Does anyone have advice or even offer another site I can go to. I would like to app FHA or USDA this year. Have an IRS payment plan current , but did skip a payment last year as an oversight. So missed payment . From what I gather on USDA and FHA web site any missed payment within the agreement makes me ineligible. I'm hoping someone will step up and let me know if I'm just going to have to wait until this 18k is paid off
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage and Missed IRS payment last year

(12) Delinquent Federal Tax Debt (a) Standard Borrowers with delinquent Federal Tax Debt are ineligible. Tax liens may remain unpaid if the Borrower has entered into a valid repayment agreement with the federal agency owed to make regular payments on the debt and the Borrower has made timely payments for at least three months of scheduled payments. The Borrower cannot prepay scheduled payments in order to meet the required minimum of three months of payments. The Mortgagee must include the payment amount in the agreement in the calculation of the Borrower’s Debt-to-Income (DTI) ratio. (b) Verification Mortgagees must check public records and credit information to verify that the Borrower is not presently delinquent on any Federal Debt and does not have a tax lien placed against their Property for a debt owed to the federal government.

http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/documents/huddoc?id=40001HSGH.pdf

i see nothing that says a missed payment prevents you from getting fha loan.

obviously i would prefer to have my underwriter clear an item like this. have your loan officer submit your file to underwriter before they issue a pre-approval and you wont have any surprises while under contract

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage and Missed IRS payment last year

I've read and the read that statement ! Thank you so much for taking time to send it. Can they underwriting before approved? Yeah I would much rather know than not . Can I use you if this lender doesn't help me!?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.