Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage and Student Loan payments

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Mortgage and Student Loan payments

Hello,

i'm targing a fall mortgage app and am trying to prepare as much as possible.  My quesion involves students loans.  My loans are currently being paid and have no negatives attached to them, but I did have a couple of 'Administrative Forbearances' due to changing the payment plan, that resulted in a couple of months being skipped (Basically they cancel that monthly payment and note the report as 'Forebearance, paying as agreed')  The report no longer says that, just current and pays as agreed.  however, in those past months where there were no payments it just has an 'X' next to it.  So it's not a negative, but i'm curious how an underwriter might interpret that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage and Student Loan payments

I don't know if the credit report pulled looks the same for all lenders that pulls them, however I just saw mine from my lender and it didn't show all of that (each month)....I wouldn't worry about it tho, the least they may ask for an explanation letter. 

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it didn't affect your score in any way, no need to worry.

Message 3 of 4
AZEsq
Regular Contributor

I don't know if you're not paying or in forbearance because you want to keep the SLs from being counted in your DTI, so I'll address that. Basically, your student loans being deferred or in forbearance does not affect your credit score and therefore won't hurt your loan, but deferring them or putting them in forbearance will not keep the lender from utilizing SOME payment amount in your DTI. They will generally use the actual payment amount (what it would be) or the minimum 1% of the balance as generally calculated for payment. Good luck.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.