cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage and buying multiple houses, do you need multiple mortgages?

tag
UKTone
New Contributor

Mortgage and buying multiple houses, do you need multiple mortgages?

I never bought a house and I want to buy multiple, at least someday. Just want to know for possible future reference.

I've never gotten a mortgage or an auto loan, do they give you the actual cash? If not, what do thy give and how can you possibly buy multiple houses with it?

Thank you.

Starting Score: 03/17/2013 665 EQ 01/09/2013 EX 724 TU 739?
Current Score: 03/27/2013 682 EQ 01
Goal Score: 850 all three FICO scores, 900 Vantage score, max insurance scores, etc.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Mortgage and buying multiple houses, do you need multiple mortgages?

Start with buying one house and you'll get the hang of it.

Qualifying for a mortgage requires having a relatively decent credit profile supported by multiple tradelines [3 or 4 is good] with a mix of tradelines [revolving, installmant loan, etc] and a middle lender-pulled credit score in the mid 600s.

The proceeds from a mortgage loan is delivered to the seller of the home that you buy.

Message 2 of 4
UKTone
New Contributor

I will start with one or two, depending on different factors and how it actually works.

I really would like to know how it works though. I'm likely not going to be able to afford two and depending on how it actually does work, I may choose one even if I could afford more.

Starting Score: 03/17/2013 665 EQ 01/09/2013 EX 724 TU 739?
Current Score: 03/27/2013 682 EQ 01
Goal Score: 850 all three FICO scores, 900 Vantage score, max insurance scores, etc.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

sit down with a lender....... 

if you know a realtor, they can refer you

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.