Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage brokers ignoring me!

tag
Momma008
Established Member

Mortgage brokers ignoring me!

I have applied for a mortgage with two different companies and they are always attentive until after they pull my credit and ask for boatloads of paperwork. Then it's crickets. I would expect if I have no shot they would atleast communicate that to me. Am I just picking the wrong companies or is this common behavior?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mortgage brokers ignoring me!

@Momma008 wrote:
I have applied for a mortgage with two different companies and they are always attentive until after they pull my credit and ask for boatloads of paperwork. Then it's crickets. I would expect if I have no shot they would atleast communicate that to me. Am I just picking the wrong companies or is this common behavior?

What is in your credit?

Have you pulled the mortgage scores here so you know what they are looking at when they pull  your file? Here is the link to see 2 out of 3 scores (TU doesn't participate at this time) http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICO-Score-3-Report-View/

Also, what type of lender have you been contacting:  mortgage broker? big box bank? mortgage banker/correspondent lender?

Message 2 of 4
apeydee416
Contributor

I have been wondering this too, did a full blown loan app on the 12th, credit had already been pulled and we met the minimum of 640 (647/651), asked for extra documents and received them on the 13th, needed a gift letter on the 19th and said that i could sit back and "let them do their thing". Nothing since. It's frustrating.

Message 3 of 4
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Have you called them back...you might just need to be patient.

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.