Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage declared in BK reporting open, should I dispute to close it

tag
irishchk23
Valued Member

Mortgage declared in BK reporting open, should I dispute to close it

Me and my husband are looking to buy a house in the near future so I am in the process of just getting everything in order. In late 2006 before we were married I filed for bankruptcy, I bought a multifamily by myself right before the recession hit and it didn't go well. I had a first and second mortgage on the property that were both declared in the BK. Since it's been over 7 years all of the negative and bad accounts have fallen off so my issue is the mortgages. One of them was $280,000K and is reporting as open but with a zero balance on EQ only, it is not showing at all with the other two agencies. The second one that was 65,000K is reporting as closed on all three but on TU and EX it is noted as "affected by natural disaster". On EQ it is reporting as closed or paid account/zero balance. 

I'm guessing that it is probably not good for me to have the first mortgage showing as open and that it might be questioned by a lender. I know when I first declared BK and was cleaning up my report I did dispute it to try and get it closed and nothing happened but should I try again? Could this be a problem with trying to get a mortgage? And should I do anyting about the second mortage or just leave it alone since it is reporting as closed? I just don't know if the notes about it being closed due to natural disaster will matter. 

1/12/08 TU 577 EQ 633 EX 665
7/15/08 TU 591 EQ 655 EX 672
3/11/09 TU 660 EQ 647
11/10/09 TU 707 EQ 676
03/01/11 TU 697 EQ 682
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.