Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage deed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage deed

I am helping my mom in having complete estate of my diseased dads property. We are about almost complete with probate court.
Value of home $360K amount currently owed $175K

Now here is my question I pay for almost every bill in the house including the mortgage. My mother is on disability. I am going to consign for my mom and am paying off the house in 5-7 year's. I wonder if I consign will I be given a opportunity to have my name on the deed as a certificate of ownership because Damn I deserve it.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage deed

That's up to your mother. She could certainly add you to the deed.
Message 2 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am helping my mom in having complete estate of my diseased dads property. We are about almost complete with probate court.
Value of home $360K amount currently owed $175K

Now here is my question I pay for almost every bill in the house including the mortgage. My mother is on disability. I am going to consign for my mom and am paying off the house in 5-7 year's. I wonder if I consign will I be given a opportunity to have my name on the deed as a certificate of ownership because Damn I deserve it.

Since you are a co-borrower, your name will be on the mortgage. You will be asked by the mortgage company how the title/deed will be held and the closing papers will be prepared accordingly. Just tell your mom that you name will be on all the papers, including the title/deed to the home. When the mortgage is paid off, you can decide if you wish to quit claim yourself off the title/deed. If your name is not on the deed, your status as a co-borrower will be a NON-OCCUPYING BORROWER. If you are living in the house, I don't see how you name can be on the mortgage but not on the title/deed.

I'm curious to see what one of the currently active loan officers on this forum has to say. I agreed with you ... you deserve to be on the deed!!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm excited to see how this plays out I appreciate all the honest replies and support. Everything looks good to go I'm on the garden my credit from fico mortgage checks out ok ranging from 670-695 better than nothing. FHA 3.5% APR all I'm waiting on is probate to be complete thank god statue of limitations is on my side.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.