Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage experts - fha and credit disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage experts - fha and credit disputes

I have seen a lot of threads about disputes on credit reports and fha loans but nothing recent. What are the fha rules about having disputes on your credit report? Is this something that will keep my loan from getting approved????

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage experts - fha and credit disputes

I don't think FHA has that as a deal breaker like CONV does! Lets see what the real experts say however.

Message 2 of 5
happy0510
Established Contributor

Why can't you settle the dispute? What's the issue?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

These were disputes from several years ago, I ordered my credit report thru credit check total and there were things on my credit report that I didn't even know what they were, all they had was an amount and the collection agency, some things were reporting twice so I disputed several of them, low and behold a bunch of them were not mine and some were. The ones that were mine the notation "account disputed by consumer" still remains on my credit report from 2 to 3 years ago. I have been reading here that if you have that on your credit report you cannot get approved for an fha loan. I could try to get that stuff taken off but I don't have 30 to 60 days to get results. I am under a contract to close by 6/30/10. I could try to get them removed but wanted to know if it was even a problem that I needed to worry about. My LO said she didn't know that she would just have to wait and see what the underwriter comes back saying. She said all they might request is a letter of explanation, but now I am worried like crazy.

Message 4 of 5
happy0510
Established Contributor

You close in more than 45 days!!! What are you waiting for?!! Get on the phone with the CRA's now!!

Find out how to get those notations removed!! 

This is not a dispute anymore.  All you want is to remove the notation. 

The waiting period is so that they can get info from the CA,OC, etc...

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.