cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage finally posted and scores greatly increased-???

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage finally posted and scores greatly increased-???

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

@RW771 wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Hey everyone,

My mortgage finally started posting after four months and I have read via this site that peoples scores generally drop but mine increased.  Is that normal?  I pull my scores from transunion's website so I am not sure if all of those are fico scores or fako's.  My scores just last month were like 680, 701, 670 because I have high balances on my credit cards and once this mortgage posted my scores have changed to 758, 736, 764.  Is that feasible for my scores to increase like that and will they go back down at some point, is this a temporary jump?

When did you close, and when did it show up on your CR? I'm still waiting for my mortgage to report and hoping it will still hold off a few weeks (applying for a loan/credit card soon and want my dti ratio's way down).

I closed November 1st 2011 and my mortgage showed up on my credit report two days ago so it's been about four months.

ok thanks! Hopefully that means mine won't report until April (I hope lol). I closed on 12/7/11.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 11 of 12
creditisbetter2
Contributor

Re: Mortgage finally posted and scores greatly increased-???

@RW771 wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

@RW771 wrote:

@creditisbetter2 wrote:

Hey everyone,

My mortgage finally started posting after four months and I have read via this site that peoples scores generally drop but mine increased.  Is that normal?  I pull my scores from transunion's website so I am not sure if all of those are fico scores or fako's.  My scores just last month were like 680, 701, 670 because I have high balances on my credit cards and once this mortgage posted my scores have changed to 758, 736, 764.  Is that feasible for my scores to increase like that and will they go back down at some point, is this a temporary jump?

When did you close, and when did it show up on your CR? I'm still waiting for my mortgage to report and hoping it will still hold off a few weeks (applying for a loan/credit card soon and want my dti ratio's way down).

I closed November 1st 2011 and my mortgage showed up on my credit report two days ago so it's been about four months.

ok thanks! Hopefully that means mine won't report until April (I hope lol). I closed on 12/7/11.

That sounds about right. It seems to usually take about three to four months.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.