Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage full approval PARANOID

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage full approval PARANOID

Okay so we were preapproved (lender calls it prequalification but states as they have verified credit report my mid score 782 and my husbands mid score 806, our savings, w2-s, last 2 years tax returns, income, DTI of 18% combined, and knowing our rent payment we have been paying for the past 7 years we are 100% preapproved) for a 325k home loan in September 2016.  My biggest fear at this point in once we find a house something coming up in underwriting us not being fully 100% approved.  We have no bankruptcy's, no late payments on any of our accounts, and no negative marks what so ever.  We use our credit cards religiously every month but pay them off before the statements close and report for the bureaus.  My lender advises we have NOTHING to worry about in the process as we are "a lender's dream client" when we find a home for the underwriting process.  My however, I am a constant worrier on everything and the thought of this purchase has me thinking about all the things that could go wrong at this point.  Does anyone whom has mortgage underwriting experience have any thoughts on this? Thank you in advance.   **The constant worrier** 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage full approval PARANOID

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay so my we were preapproved (lender calls it prequalification but states as they have verified credit report my mid score 782 and my husbands mid score 806 savings, w2-s, last 2 years tax returns, income, DTI of 18% combined, and knowing our rent payment we have been paying for the past 7 years we are 100% preapproved) for a 325k home loan in September 2016.  My biggest fear at this point in once we find a house something coming up in underwriting us not being fully 100% approved.  We have no bankruptcy's, no late payments on any of our accounts, and no negative marks what so ever.  We use our credit cards religiously every month but pay them off before the statements close and report for the bureaus.  My lender advises we have NOTHING to worry about in the process as we are "a lender's dream client" when we find a home for the underwriting process.  My however, I am a constant worrier on everything and the thought of this purchase has me thinking about all the things that could go wrong at this point.  Does anyone whom has mortgage underwriting experience have any thoughts on this? Thank you in advance.   **The constant worrier** 

You are a lender's dream client. Take it as they go. Underwriting can go based off of overlays and investor guidelines. You'll be fine and find a house that you and your husband will enkoy. There are things that might come up and I think it'll be minor such as providing more paystubs (full 30 days), a letter of explanation for addresses showing up on your credit report, etc. Nothing major which can derail your loan.

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.