Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage just die?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage just die?

My loan is fha My scores were 660eq exp 646 trans 652  sign all docs  lock rate tuesday today transunion put a 93.00 property tax lien on My report does that kill My loan.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Mortgage just die?

Oh wow - I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm sure your stomach just dropped.  (I live in fear everyday of something like that happening.  There are no debts that I am aware of that could pop up like that, but 75% of reports have mistakes so you just never know).    Hopefully someone will come along soon and let you know how to proceed.  Obviously if you can try to get that lien removed would be the best.  There are many posts here about the IRS removing liens once they are paid.  If it is a state lien then I haven't read anything about that, but I'm sure if you used the search box you will find info.

Good Luck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

It depends on if your lender is going to check credit again, it depends on what your new scores are, it depends on what the minimum required score is with your lender... but things don't sound good, and it's better to bring this up early (like Monday) rather than wait to see if anything will happen.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 7
pete33

The only thing is i call to the court house were this happen i don't own any property the lady at the court  said they don't report to the credit bureau she said it not me you need to dispute with transunion i don't know how this happen tax lien for 93.00 when i don't own anything need help

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pete33 wrote:

The only thing is i call to the court house were this happen i don't own any property the lady at the court  said they don't report to the credit bureau she said it not me you need to dispute with transunion i don't know how this happen tax lien for 93.00 when i don't own anything need help

Here (Indiana) they can put a tax lein on just about anything for just about any reason. You can get a tax lein on a house for unpaid income taxes, or on a boat for failing to pay sales tax on your new car. They will even, unfortunately, go after cosigners and secondary owners on a title. When I was 17 I wound up with a tax lein on my new car because my father, who was also on the title of the car was behind on some income taxes from a few years ago. Nevermind the fact that he had two other cars and a house they could have placed the lien on. To the best of my knowledge that was never reported on my credit history, and if it was, it has since been removed.

I would try to get a letter from the courthouse then dispute it with Transunion. Transunion has been very responsive when deleting things for me, and cleaned up my report in two business day. You should, as others stated, talk to your mortgage banker so that they are aware of the situation and they are ware that you are disputing it. Best of luck!

Message 5 of 7
pete33

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

The lady at the courthouse did not report your lien.  There are "companies" that comb courthouses looking at public records for things like this so they can make money by selling it to the credit bureaus.  If it is a lien that is yours then you won't win on a dispute.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.