cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage lender added as mortgagee on insurance dec page even before appraisal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage lender added as mortgagee on insurance dec page even before appraisal?

I'm in the process of a cash out refinance, just had the appraisal 2 days ago and no word yet from lender. Today I received an updated declarations page from my homeowners insurance listing the lender as first mortgagee. How could the lender be listed as mortgagee so seemingly early in the process? The update to the dec page was a week before the appraisal. Is this normal? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Re: Mortgage lender added as mortgagee on insurance dec page even before appraisal?

Last time I refi I don't remember calling my insurance to change the dec page but since the info was on my insurance doc During my app I assume the lender did it themselves to make sure their assets are covered.
Message 2 of 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage lender added as mortgagee on insurance dec page even before appraisal?

Same thing with my recent re-fi at the end of July. They have to get all the paperwork in order ahead of time to be able to close.

I would take it as a positive sign.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work in homeowners insurance and it is normal for your new mortgage company to do this to make it easier for your clising so theyre not sending you back and forth to do it yourself.
What they also sometimes ask for is the "estimator" and an invoice/receipt.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.