cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage lender pull only shows three months of inquiries - normal?

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Mortgage lender pull only shows three months of inquiries - normal?

I had a mortgage pull through our lender and was happy to find the scores are 50 plus higher than my numbers here.  Also, I asked if there was an issue with our 20 cc inquiries over the past six months and she said "no problem."  When I looked at the report from a Credit Technologies, it only showed the nine most recent cc inquiries and, as I stated, much higher Fico scores.  Does anyone know if this is normal - it was my understanding that ALL inquiries from the past two years matter when applying for a mortgage.

I applied for a VA loan and as my midscore is 697 the lender said once I prove an IRS payment plan I am good to go.  It just seems too good to be true as so many on the boards go on and on about inquiries posing a problem.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage lender pull only shows three months of inquiries - normal?

@daddiggingout wrote:

I had a mortgage pull through our lender and was happy to find the scores are 50 plus higher than my numbers here.  Also, I asked if there was an issue with our 20 cc inquiries over the past six months and she said "no problem."  When I looked at the report from a Credit Technologies, it only showed the nine most recent cc inquiries and, as I stated, much higher Fico scores.  Does anyone know if this is normal - it was my understanding that ALL inquiries from the past two years matter when applying for a mortgage.

I applied for a VA loan and as my midscore is 697 the lender said once I prove an IRS payment plan I am good to go.  It just seems too good to be true as so many on the boards go on and on about inquiries posing a problem.

i could be wrong but i have read that inquiries doesnt matter much after a year but it does stay on the report for 2 yrs.

Message 2 of 5
tim1017
Regular Contributor

At worst, the lender will ask you for a letter of explanation on the inquiries.  Don't be concerned about it.  ESPECIALLY with a VA Loan, I had to write two letters of explanation and my scores are not as good as yours  with just as many inquiries.

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

digginout wanted to know -

"Does anyone know if this is normal? -"  (tawkin about 50+ points to the better on mortgage pull than myfico shows)

Nah, but we hope it is.  LOL

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Could be a function of the tri-merge presentation; collect the $200 from passing go and put a house on your favorite property.  I haven't read through the full Fannie documents but what I did skim suggested they care about new tradelines more than inquiries.

Sort of tempted to apply at a walk in lender and see if they'll let me see the report they pull.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.