Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage loan co borrowers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage loan co borrowers

my income is 65k pluse 10k bonus, and side job total 75k and also i can add my wife"s income about45k to 52k, and after calcute all debt and income my lender said i can get loan about 550k.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you played around with what that mortgage will look like? You don't want to be devoting every spare penny to a mortgage then get blind sided by unexpected expense. You will be approved for more than one can afford because​ they dont have to take into account any other of lifes expenses.
Message 12 of 18
krielly
Established Contributor

Agreed.........just because you CAN, doesn't mean it's a good idea.....

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll check the website
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

A 635k loan at about 4% interest is approximately 4.7k. With you and your wife's combined income of about 7k per month, that leaves you with 2.3k for all of life's expenses. About a 66% debt to income ratio. That is a stretch by most people's judgement. Just make sure you think through your finances before comitting. Good luck!

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for advice and this will be very hard for whole my life , unfortunately the state and location I live ,expensive and can't find cheaper house unless move it which effect yo my job and my daughter university,
Message 16 of 18
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Have you looked at down payment assistance programs? Maybe a CalPlus grant program, or CalHFA with a MyHome second and/or ZIP third? 

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 17 of 18
Threeof5
New Contributor

I don't want to be a downer to the OP, but I see this happen more frequently than I like. A couple will get denied and then want to add a parent/sibling/etc. to the loan to see if it would work. It usually doesn't. I'm now a little more direct with denials wanting to add a borrower. Unless the additional borrower's FICO is 990 and they make $250k a year, it's likely not going to help. Yes, I jest, and every situation is different. Sometimes, borrowers are right on the cusp of being approved and it might make sense. But I've also seen it where a couple adds dad to the loan, and it comes out worse then it was with just the two of them.

Adding a borrower is not a panacea to a denial or marginal approval. Again, YMMV.

Starting 12/27/16 FICO Score 8 EQ 645 TU 643 EX 618
Current 6/27/17 FICO Score 8 EQ 797 TU 804 EX 782

Goal 740+ ACHIEVED 4/5/17 FICO Score 8 EQ 776 TU 762 EX 748
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.