tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage loan going to underwriter and now I'm sweating bullets

yup!!!!

Message 11 of 19
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

It's in my nature to worry, sadly. I probably wouldn't worry so much if I didn't read all those horror stories about being rejected right at the end. Though with the processor telling me that she's sure that they won't pull it again.

However, let's play devil's advocate for moment. Say thy did pull the credit, would it be a full pull, or just an update to see if I inquired any new credit.... which I'd be a complete bone head if I did that.

Lender Pulled Credit Rating as of 4.10.2013. (Fico Experian: 660) (Fico TU: 685) (Fico Equifax: 659)
Message 12 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

If they pull you, they do a soft pull and see no scores and just want to see what you have been doing with your credit. If something throws the DTI out of whack you go back into underwriting.

Message 13 of 19
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

AH, pfft... That would be incredibly dumb on my part. Tooleman694, you have been immensly valuable for easing my mind. Thank you my friend!

Lender Pulled Credit Rating as of 4.10.2013. (Fico Experian: 660) (Fico TU: 685) (Fico Equifax: 659)
Message 14 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

They did not repull me

And no prob, congrats on your new home.

Message 15 of 19
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Yeah, our transunion scores were at least 20 points higher when pulled by our lender than they were on here.  That's not the case for everyone, but for most people it seems to be. 

Message 16 of 19
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

Then whats the point of letting us pull it if it's not even the correct value?

Message 17 of 19
foofighter74
Established Contributor

To make money!

Most people don't realize the score they're buying isn't the same score a lender will see.  The Equifax score here is the same model most mortgage lenders use, but the transunion model is not.

Look, the whole credit score industy is a joke.  People get extended credit based on their credit file.  Which is SOLD TO THEM by companies who claim they have no responsibility whatsoever to ensure that the product they are selling is even accurate.

in other words, Equifax offers a credit report to consumers and lenders...if you want it, you can buy it. But, the responsibility of ensuring the information being reported is accurate falls to the consumer...who is only entitled to one free report a year.  Ridiculous.

Trust me...someone is going to come up with a better system and make a ton of money, because the way it's done now is hilariously incompetent.

People get loans for houses based in part on a credit score that may, or may not even be accurate because the information used to calculate the score may not be accurate. And we aren't going to tell people exactly how to get the best credit score, because that would reveal their formula and they might not make as much money if everyone else can copy.  So, you won't tell me how to get the best credit score, you can just give me vague hints...suggestions...we have to figure out the rest, but that score, in part, is going to determine whether i'm worthy of buying a car or a home?

And you hear all these people say "It's not all about the credit score."  Well, maybe not - but if you don't have qualifying scores, you don't get approved no matter how much money you make, or how much you have in reserves...or how well you've paid your bills in the past.   All you can do is shake your head and play the game.

Message 18 of 19
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

So I ran into another roadblock. Underwriter wants us to show that we have 11k worth of assests, which we knew they wanted to see something but originally it was only 7k. I've been calling the LO and the Processor all day to get an understand of what they want but to no luck. SO hopefully someone here has an idea. Again I'm getting an FHA loan.

I am taking 8900.00 from my 401k and I'd planned on taking 2K out of my last paycheck in april, which is 5 days before closing. I had 2500k in savings that would have been on top of my 8900.00 but I had to put down the earnest money, pay for inspection and pay for the appraisial that drained that. I told them originally that our checking account has an average of 3-4k in it, which bank statements will verify, but I don't understand. 

Are they asking to see 11K in any given account at once or do they want the 401k contribution plus any other locations of money. Cause if that's the case then fine, I'm good. Other wise I need to come up with 2100 dollars by next week ;(

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.