Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage loan help needed

tag
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Mortgage loan help needed

alright, so here we sit waiting for pre-approval. The LO emails me and says "is anything else under my name , such as electric, cell, cable. he says he needs this to look at "alternative credit" to give us a bolster. HUH????

We have a few issues on our credit but nothing in the past couple years. At least 12 months with no lates at all. I have 2 judgments on mine , 1 was paid in 2004, the other I need to settle.

Dh's credit scores hover around high 500's (597,594,603), mine are 628,619,?)

Does anyone see a problem with us being able to qualify for an FHA loan? I just dont see the problem so maybe someone else can find it.

Thanks a bunch!

Starting Exp-545, TU-531,EQ-515
DH starting Exp-503,TU-486,EQ-470
short term goal: mine-600, DH-550
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage loan help needed

they want some alternative trade lines to boost the credit a little.

we do this all of the time.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

this is a quick list of some alt trades.

i have another list i will try to find. as the underwriter ranks these. for example, rental is more important than telephone bill.

Forms ofnon-credit payment references must document timely payment of

Rental History

Appliance rental or purchase

Cable television bills

Daycare expense

Dealer financed auto loan

Electricity bills

Furniture rental or purchase

Gas company bills

Insurance premiums

Jewelry purchases (storefinancing)

Long term layaways

Medical bills paid per paymentagreement directly to the provider

Owner financing on purchased goods

Rental of current or previousresidence

Rent-to-own agreements

Store financing

Telephone Bills

Personal Property Tax bills

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 7
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

Thanks Dallas!

I was just getting worried and really dont seem to be getting any clarification fro this LO.

I do have cell phones, and cable in my name. Also my rent has NEVER been late in the 5 and a half years I have been here.

Message Edited by bubbles0605 on 11-07-2008 04:59 PM
Message 4 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Ask questions.... your loan officer should be able to answer ANY question that I can from this discussion forum.

If not.... then they are just an application taker.... THERE ARE A LOT OF THESE..... and you would be better off moving on.

If your loan officer cannot pick up the phone and get an opinion on a scenario from underwriting.... Well... it kind of tells the story.

Better yet.... If they cannot answer most of your questions off the cuff.... then, well, you know... they suck

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 7
bubbles0605
Regular Contributor

When I asked "how everything was looking so far"? The LO said "it was hard to see the big picture yet" hmmmm... I thought that was an odd answer.

Also, yesterday I emailed him back with the same question I posted to you and havent gotten an answer yet, and probably wont, he seems to beat around the bush on questions.

Maybe I should get someone else, I just hate to see them pull my CR's again, dh already had an 8 point hit from the last one.

Message 6 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@bubbles0605 wrote:

When I asked "how everything was looking so far"? The LO said "it was hard to see the big picture yet" hmmmm... I thought that was an odd answer.

Also, yesterday I emailed him back with the same question I posted to you and havent gotten an answer yet, and probably wont, he seems to beat around the bush on questions.

Maybe I should get someone else, I just hate to see them pull my CR's again, dh already had an 8 point hit from the last one.

your 'loan officer' doesnt know jack crap about manual underwriting an fha loan.
they should be able to pre-approve you on the spot unless the alt trades are fishy

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.