Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage loan not reporting on credit report

tag
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

Mortgage loan not reporting on credit report

So after all the hardwork is said and done how long does it take for your new home to report on your credit report?

I closed on July 24th. First payment was made sept. 1st and have made 3 payments since this date. I dont see anything on my credit reports yet. 

My lender is Chase. 

EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Rysiir
Established Member

Re: Mortgage loan not reporting on credit report

I'm seeing a similar situation.

Closed on my house 17 July, have made payments for Sep, Oct, and Nov and still nothing reporting on the reports yet. My loan is sitting with Wells Fargo now, so I guess we'll see if and when they decide to report.

Starting Score: EQ: 635, TU: 623 EX: ???
Current Score: EQ: 789, TU: 783, EX: 773 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800+ on ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Both of you.....Call them!!  I have Chase.  They bought my original mtg in Dec 07.  Started posting on all 3 immediately!

Are you both the primary borrower??  If not, that might be the issue.  Also...do you both show the hard inq from your lender on your cr's???

Either way...call them.  You might see a small drop initially because this will drop your AAoA, but in no time, you'll get the bump for credit mix & timely payments.  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 5
Rysiir
Established Member

It's funny how the timing works on some things. Here we are a couple of days later, and I get a score watch alert telling me that I have a new account reporting. Low and behold, it's the mortgage.

Pulled TU, and they've got it there too. Now I just have to verify with EX here in a month or so when i'm elligible for a freebie with them for the year.

EQ FICO went up 3 points actually, and TU only dropped 10 pts due to the lower AAoA...not too bad, I'm definately not complaining.

Starting Score: EQ: 635, TU: 623 EX: ???
Current Score: EQ: 789, TU: 783, EX: 773 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800+ on ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

Both of you.....Call them!!  I have Chase.  They bought my original mtg in Dec 07.  Started posting on all 3 immediately!

I will have to call them and see what the delay is in reporting. Maybe they forgot about me Smiley Tongue

Are you both the primary borrower??  If not, that might be the issue.  Also...do you both show the hard inq from your lender on your cr's???

I am definetely the primary borrower. Hell im the only borrower.     I don't see a hard inquiry from chase but they didn't originally write up the loan. 

Either way...call them.  You might see a small drop initially because this will drop your AAoA, but in no time, you'll get the bump for credit mix & timely payments. All I want is the mix & timely payments. Age will come with time. Plus I don't need more credit anytime soon.

EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.