cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage loan score pulls

tag

Mortgage loan score pulls

I want to go conventional but I need a 680 middle score. Right now my middle score is 648. It's a new build and takes at least 5-6mos. The lender has already pulled my score on 8-2-2013 was wondering if and when they re-pull.  If they re-pull and it's higher do they go with that score?  

Crossing fingers for home loan approval. Just submitted app.7/31/2013 Starting Score:
Current Score:
Goal Score:
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage loan score pulls

yes, if they re-pull and it's higher, they'll go with that score.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 8

Thank-you, Smiley Happydo you know when they re-pull?

Crossing fingers for home loan approval. Just submitted app.7/31/2013 Starting Score:
Current Score:
Goal Score:
Message 3 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

When I was going through the process of buying my home it was pulled at the beginning and right before closing. The main reason for that though was to just make sure that I did not aquire any new debt. 

Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

+1. Depending on how far out your closing is, they may not re~pull. I'd reccommend asking your LO about it.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 8
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

Depending on which lender you use some credit reports are good for 90 or 120 days and then they are considered expired. If you don't have an active loan they will not re-pull unless you are ready to me forward in the process...it costs them money to run credit reports too!
Typically 5 days before closing they run a credit refresh...this doesn't pull a new score it just updates whats on your credit reports. Checks for new balances and higher payments, any new credit inquires, or new credit.
Message 6 of 8
Amythyst
Contributor

I signed a contract on a new build in January of this year.  My credit was pulled on 1/28 and my house started construction first week in April.  The lender repulled my credit again on 6/28.  I am closing at the end of this month.  The lender told me their credit reports expire after 120 days.  They may or may not check my credit again before I close at the end of the month.  But I don't plan on buying anything yet and not touching my credit till after close, so I won't care if they check again. Smiley Happy  I'd hope its a soft pull though cause I don't want anymore hards... lol.

Message 7 of 8
jazzie4180
Established Member

@Amythyst -  I sent you a PM-  Have a few questions. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.