Mortgage loan with 1 year employment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage loan with 1 year employment

I need some general advice..
I have good credit
House is debt free (600,000) per county tax assessor
it is a duplex..generates 1800 monthly ...this is the IRS adjusted income...this year will be the 2nd year of returns.2016 taxes.
My problem is I have only 10 months of work history..500 weekly .
Is there a program or loan available without the 2 years work history?
I live in San Diego County
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage loan with 1 year employment

update...I live in the duplex...owner occupied
Message 2 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

If the rental income qualifies for the amount of mortgage you are seeking, then that can be used.

As far as the employment income, is it full time or is it part time?  If it's part time, then you aren't going to have much luck until you've been there for at least a year and most programs will require 2 years.  If it's full time, then if you can document a previous 2-year employment history prior to the gap in employment then us lenders can use it.  Or if you were in school prior to beginning then with transcripts and/or a degree then it can be used as well.  However if you cannot document previous employment and weren't in school, then with nearly all loan programs you'll need to be there for a year before it can be used. 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

If the rental income qualifies for the amount of mortgage you are seeking, then that can be used.

As far as the employment income, is it full time or is it part time?  If it's part time, then you aren't going to have much luck until you've been there for at least a year and most programs will require 2 years.  If it's full time, then if you can document a previous 2-year employment history prior to the gap in employment then us lenders can use it.  Or if you were in school prior to beginning then with transcripts and/or a degree then it can be used as well.  However if you cannot document previous employment and weren't in school, then with nearly all loan programs you'll need to be there for a year before it can be used. 

THanks Shane...

So at one year the is a chance yto include the job?

I was in Mexico for 10 years prior....came back 2 years agof and have.lived off the 1600 to 1800 net rental income

My employment past is not impressive.

I just wanted to know if I had to wait the full 2 years.

Will borrowing less than 20% of love help my cause?

Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You could probably take out a hard money loan if you don't want to worry about your employment history being able to qualify.  But if you are looking for half-way decent loan ters, then you'll need to be at a full time job for at least a year and potentially even two.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.