Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage modification

tag
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

Mortgage modification

should i add anything else September 17, 2007 To: Litton Loan Servicing account # 15641749 Re: Mortgage modification program Due to the recent adjustment to the mortgage I currently have with your company, I am finding it very difficult to afford the new payment. I have a 2 year fixed rate which is now adjustable and is schedule to adjust in Oct. 2007. My income has been reduced and I have a new born child. Considering my current income, there will be no way I can afford the increased payments come October. Hopefully there is way to renegotiate the terms of my current mortgage to avoid default or foreclosure on my home. Is it possible to have my current adjustable rate mortgage converted to a new loan? fixed rate? If this is not possible can the next rate change be postponed to a future date to allow me to hopefully refinance. Any other solutions you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I have had no problem making my payments for over two years now and do not want that to change. My mortgage was originally written by another company and bought by Litton Loan Servicing. The original mortgage terms are terrible but it was the only loan I was qualified for at the time. I was assured that refinancing would be no problem but that turned out not to be true due to the downturn of the housing industry. The main problem is that my property is now worth about 22% less than what I paid for it which is preventing me from being able to refinance. I was researching on the internet and came across the Fannie Mae Announcement #06-18 (Oct. 4th 2006) regarding the servicing of Conventional Mortgage Modifications. I believe this addresses the situation I currently find myself in along with many other homeowners. Attached are recent pay stubs showing my current income. thanks you for your time and consideration.

Message Edited by oneloveforall_2000 on 09-17-2007 07:15 PM

Message Edited by oneloveforall_2000 on 09-18-2007 06:58 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage modification

Just make sure you break it up a little bit with paragraphs it will make it easier to read.

Time is paramount- may want to call them and fax the letter.
Message 2 of 5
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just make sure you break it up a little bit with paragraphs it will make it easier to read.

Time is paramount- may want to call them and fax the letter.

it's in paragraphs, it's this site that wont show it in paragraphs form. Don't know why it always does that.
Message 3 of 5
Takunda1
Established Contributor

After todays rate cut you might just come out on top after they get your letter.

Good Luck.
Message 4 of 5
oneloveforall_2000
Frequent Contributor

@Takunda1 wrote:
After todays rate cut you might just come out on top after they get your letter.
Good Luck.

i hope so too, they did a hard pull on my eq report.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.