Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage pre-approval specifics

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage pre-approval specifics

Just recently got a raise to 50k and checked my mortgage scores today: EX 655, TU 711, EQ 687. Interested in applying to see what I may get pre-approved for here in Florida. My current DTI is 16% and utilization reporting is 2%. Generally how long is a pre-approval good for? I'd like to test drive this new income for a little while before actively shopping, but would like to know if I should. I'm also assuming the application requires 2 recent pay stubs so I'm one paycheck away from applying. I would like to purchase around $200k. If thats not even an option then I'm probably going to wait for while. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage pre-approval specifics

"Generally how long is a pre-approval good for?

Mine was 90 days

"I'd like to test drive this new income for a little while before actively shopping, but would like to know if I should"

Heck ya let it ride!  Go out and buy all that stuff you been looking to get but couldn't affort it till now.  That's what I did first few checks I got after a massive new pay plan the city installed for the fire dept.  I gotta heck of raise back in 2003, and I put it to good use.

When ya get all that outta your system then settle down and look for house.  Go have some fun.

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mortgage pre-approval specifics

Your scores are in great shape to apply. Your income is good for the price range you prefer. What is an unknown is your current debt (car payments, credit card payments and any other loans you may have). This make a difference for the amount you qualify for in your puchase.  Based on just what you posted you are in good shape.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.