Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage process

tag
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Mortgage process

At what point can you feel comfortable that you are getting the loan?
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mortgage process

@Believe1970 wrote:

When you have closed, funded and are walking out of the attorney's office or title company with your keys Smiley Happy

It isn't done until then ...

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@Believe1970 wrote:

When you have closed, funded and are walking out of the attorney's office or title company with your keys Smiley Happy

It isn't done until then ...

+1.

Message 3 of 10
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys. That's what we thought but figured we would ask. Guess we have 30 to 45 days of torture.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 4 of 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

you are not alone in the torture.  we have 50 days til we close.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 10
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Good luck frugalQ! It's been a long road and can't imagine being at this point without this website.
Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 6 of 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

exactly!  thank you!!!

I have learned so much from here.  back in 2008 when my DH lost his job, we ended up in a deep financial hole....i was so lost as to how to get out of it.  I found this site back in 2010 and it has helped us tremendously.  Not just from a mortgage perspective, but from an overall financial health perspective.  I've learned so much.....I have financial health conversations with my loan officer.  she even told me that i keep her on her financial toes.  LOL

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 7 of 10
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Clear to Close - Take a Deep Breath

Key in Hand - Have a party its over!!!!

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 8 of 10
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

56 days and counting 

Message 9 of 10
newstart2010
Blogger

We are finally within 3 weeks.  We close Feb 20th.  Its been such a long 8 months.  In the beginning while we were building I was afraid I would not get the scores up enugh to close and wanted more time.  Now I'm so close and afraid some thing is going to happen I want to close tomorrow!!

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.