Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage pros, please help!!!

tag
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Mortgage pros, please help!!!

I plan on apping for a mortgage in June 2015. My last inquiry was in May 2014. I have 3, 4, 3 inquiries total, no lates, no derogatories, dti of 32% including new house payment. I don't have a car payment, only credit cards with util of 3%. I'm going fha. My concern is I need a new vehicle asap, My car just went out. If I get a new vehicle now, will that get me denied?. I'm not worried about dti ratio, as my new car payment will be around 140-180 monthly. My concern is that a fresh inq will hurt me. What do y'all think?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditRookie22
Contributor

Re: Mortgage pros, please help!!!

Btw, My fico is 730ish
Message 2 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Getting a vehicle is a non issue this far in advance. The only time it would interfere is if your monthly vehicle payment is too high. It doesn't sound like you would run out and spend a great deal of money on a high priced vehicle so you will be fine. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
CreditRookie22
Contributor

I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle. How would this affect my mortgage app?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved through WF yesterday for a mortgage and I have auto & CC INQs within the past 2 months. They mainly doc is on DTI and credit score & report
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant, " They mainly focused on" not "doc is on
Message 6 of 8
CreditRookie22
Contributor

I shouldn't be worried about fresh inquiries then?
Message 7 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

No. Its not the fact of fresh inquiries. It is when people go out and get a bunch of new credit before applying for a mortgage. That makes the buyer/borrower look like they are a higher credit risk. The u/w will want a letter of explanation of each inquiry, but since you are buying a needed mode of transportation that won't be seen as risky.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.