Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage question

When I find a house to purchase do the lenders use my FICO score at that moment? Or, can they pull my score again before closing and maybe get a lower rate if my score has gone up in that short amount of time?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage question

Best Plan of action:
(1) Reapir credit
(2) get pre-approved
(3) Find the house
(4) Settle and move

Do NOT count on being able to get credit repair done in a month or two - it takes time.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Best Plan of action:
(1) Reapir credit
(2) get pre-approved
(3) Find the house
(4) Settle and move

Do NOT count on being able to get credit repair done in a month or two - it takes time.

I'm not counting on it. I was just curious if they do pull your FICO scores again right before closing.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a new rate (and have scores pulled) - you then have to go back to underwritng.  Being pre-approved before a contract almost makes you a cash buyer (I say almost because the bank will have some contditons) BUT  you have the money to purchase if the seller/property meets the conditions (appraisal, clean title to pass to you, homeowner's insurance (by you), termite report(clean or repaired), HOA/PUD approval, etc).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
If you want a new rate (and have scores pulled) - you then have to go back to underwritng.  Being pre-approved before a contract almost makes you a cash buyer (I say almost because the bank will have some contditons) BUT  you have the money to purchase if the seller/property meets the conditions (appraisal, clean title to pass to you, homeowner's insurance (by you), termite report(clean or repaired), HOA/PUD approval, etc).

Thank You!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.