Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage question

I'm in the middle of a loan Mod, but during the process I went deliquent on my payments. Can I get it removed once the mod is complete? If not, how will it affect my score once it is brought current?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage question

Your payments will probably be reported late from the time you missed the first payment until they were caught up.  So if you missed the payment due on 11/1/08 and are making payments 1 month behind, you should see continuous 30 day late payments until it is brought current.  The effect on your score will vary depending on the individual.  Sometimes mortgage companies do a loan modification payment plan for 6 months, which then if you meet all payments on time, will offer a more perm. loan modification.  But if you miss one of those first 6 first payments, the perm. modification is not offered.  Is that the same guidelines for your lender or are they different?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.