Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage reporting

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Mortgage reporting

My loan was sold to Chase and then to Freedom. Freedom has held the loan since August 1, and has yet to report. Anyone have experience with this company. In my research, seems like a subprime contender. I would not have chosen them if I had a choice
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage reporting

Looks like I am in the same boat as you are in. My loan was originated through Discover Bank several years ago and sold to SunWest Mortgage. No issues with them. 20+% down, 3.65% 30yr fixed jumbo (over $650k). Credit scores are all over 760. No issues with SunWest other than a few times they would call and send me letter to refinance, but blew them off or told them no. Then in November 2017 got letter that my loan was sold to Freedom Mortgage!? Quick look showed them to have piss poor reviews. Made quick payment to SunWest in early December as I was traveling so as not to have to mess with Freedom during the holidays, transfer date was Dec 9th, and payments auto done on 10th each month, so it would be cancelled. Then got my account number in early Jan 2018 with Freedom and found I could push payments to them, so set it up that way instead of allowing them to auto-debit as I read their system is a mess and auto-debit 2 or 3 times and then loses payments. So pushes on the 1st of each month and I check their site and they get and post within day or two. They have called me a few times, but leave no messages. As of today, end of March, nothing on my credit reports. I do see in Equifax that they did a soft pull on 1-2-2018, but that’s it. All three of my credit reports are frozen and locked down as well just to add. Waiting to see when/if they report. Hate to have them and not report and I don't really want to call them based on the BBB reviews and everything else I have read about them. Would hate to have to refinance since rates are much higher now, but seems like that is what is going on. Being punished by SunWest for not playing the refinance game with them and being sent to a bottom dwelling feeder type lender with mickey mouse technology and rules and crap.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.