Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage sales to other companies?

tag
ccsauer
Contributor

Mortgage sales to other companies?

Hey all, I just had a question about something I heard. I am not in this situation; my mortgage is with its original company, but I just wanted to see if anyone had heard anything about this.

Basically, I heard, and read a few things, about after a mortgage chages hands a few times, from time to time, the papaerwork is lost in the shuffle. In other words, there is no proof of the mortgage ownership. Now, if that's the case, (it is coming out in foreclosure preceedings) does that mean, poof, your mortgage is gone, adn you own your home no strings attached? Does that mean, you own your home, but you get a big hit on your credit for pulling a fast one? Or, is this impossible, and would never hold up on court?

Just an interesting thing I heard about, and I was curious.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage sales to other companies?

I don't think it would hold up in court.  There is a recorded mortgage against the property, all one has to do is go to the recorder's office if they need to get a copy of it again.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.