Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage score monitoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage score monitoring

Hi, I'm currently monitoring my regular Fico8 score and I want to buy a house in about six months. I read how the mortgage score can differ greatly from my Fico8 and want to start looking at that. What's the best way to monitor it? I already pay $24.99 a month and don't want to pay an additional $14.99, and I beleive it's for one time. If I have to, I guess I will. I was just wondering what everyone else was doing. thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jenrhi
New Contributor

Re: Mortgage score monitoring

My lender told me to pull my 3 scores at a site called www.creditchecktotal.com. Its a free trial and then $29.95 a month but you can cancel whenever. The scores were spot on when the lender pulled for my preapproval.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I'm currently monitoring my regular Fico8 score and I want to buy a house in about six months. I read how the mortgage score can differ greatly from my Fico8 and want to start looking at that. What's the best way to monitor it? I already pay $24.99 a month and don't want to pay an additional $14.99, and I beleive it's for one time. If I have to, I guess I will. I was just wondering what everyone else was doing. thanks.

I get the Ultimate 3B from here. It's $5 more than you're paying now per month and it gives you all your other scores every 3 months. Well worth it. I'm going to stick with this until I have a mortgage.

Message 3 of 5
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I get the Ultimate 3B from here. It's $5 more than you're paying now per month and it gives you all your other scores every 3 months. Well worth it. I'm going to stick with this until I have a mortgage.

Or do the new Premier 3B, now also for $29.95, and get all scores monthly instead of quarterly.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@jenrhi wrote:

My lender told me to pull my 3 scores at a site called www.creditchecktotal.com. Its a free trial and then $29.95 a month but you can cancel whenever. The scores were spot on when the lender pulled for my preapproval.

^^^there are very, very few lenders that use FICO 8 scores for mortgages.  In fact, I have only heard about one and it was from a poster on this website. Credit Check total only gives FICO 8 scores and not mortgage scores. 

The vast majority of the mortgage lenders use another FICO score:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/FICO-scores-used-for-mortgage-and-where-to-obtain-the...

Since you used Credit Check Total and they only offer FICO 8 scores - what lender issued your mortgage using FICO 8's?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.