Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage score not going up

tag
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage score not going up

What is the max balance the fico score simulator says you can pay down on your revolving credit? I bet it includes the nfcu amounts.....
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:
What is the max balance the fico score simulator says you can pay down on your revolving credit? I bet it includes the nfcu amounts.....

It's showing $2864. I have arranged the money to pay these off. I'm paying two NFCU cards in a week. 

I'll update once I get my new scores after the statement. 

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdxprs1 wrote:
Trust me. I'm just finishing going through the exact same thing. You need LESS THAN 50% of your cards reporting a balance. You can't do that with 2 cards. Have to have 3.

The nfcu accounts are definitely in your utilization. For me, it was two capital one cards. Do what I said and your mortgage score go up to like 670.

I've to check who will approve me than. I don't want to have another inquiry and not get approved. 

Message 13 of 27
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

check for preapprovals. credit one should be doable. take a little hit on annual fee, but can always close it after the mortgage is done. can also try merrick bank. much better than credit one, and they approved me when i was around 600.

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm working on the same thing you are, but I just started a month ago. How do you get a monthly mortgage score? I signed up for the $30 a month plan, but it only gives a full update (mortgage scores) quarterly. I'd like to order the plan that does it monthly, but I just don't see it listed as an option. Anyone know?

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to call myFico and ask for the Premier 3B account. You get a monthly update on all of your scores with alerts in between. 

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay off the closed credit cards so your utilization goes back down below 9%, then after you get the score improvement, apply for an Amazon store card. Once you get accepted, no matter what amount, call the synchrony bank number and ask for a reconsideration of the starting limit. They will ask you how much, say $10,000. Several users on this site, myself included, were approved for an increase to $5,000. If I were an underwriter looking at your account for a mortgage I would much rather see an Amazon store card than Credit One. Unfortunately I have Credit One and I wish I would have known better. My Credit One account opened in August and it's stuck at $450. My Amazon is 5k, Discover 2k and Amex now 6k. I'm only leaving Credit One open long enough to help my low AAOA, even though it's going to cost me another AF.

If you want a card that's going to help your utilization, do yourself a favor and get in with Syncrony's Amazon card!
Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know that getting a new credit card is the best idea. Usually the advice is no new credit when applying for a mortgage. Personally I'd just pay down the utilization and the reassess.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lender actually told me to get a new credit card AND have my husband add me as an authorized user on his credit card. I also heard the stigma about not applying for new credit at least 6mo before a mortgage. 

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm working on the same thing you are, but I just started a month ago. How do you get a monthly mortgage score? I signed up for the $30 a month plan, but it only gives a full update (mortgage scores) quarterly. I'd like to order the plan that does it monthly, but I just don't see it listed as an option. Anyone know?

Please visit the link below and scroll down to compare products. You will see FICO Premier 3B.

http://www.myfico.com/Products/Productsa.aspx

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.