Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage score v Fico 8

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage score v Fico 8

Ok - I KNOW the scores are different....but how far off are they......I'm waiting to purchase the MTG scores until my reports catch up with everything I have done last month  (2 new cards should report by around the 20th) and a collection should fall off any day.....

I'm curious as to what to expect -

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage score v Fico 8

I can only share my score differences. Yours could be wildly different.

My Fico 8's are 742, 725 and 707.  My mortgage scores are 758, 731 and 698.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally understand that everyones are different.....I just didn't know what to expect at all.....something close to the 8's or not even in the same ball park.  

I appreciate anyone who will share experience......

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG mine were so wildly different in the beginning of my rebuild. As of yesterday:

Mortgage     Fico8

TU 624        624

EXP 593      640

EQ 594        622

Today

Mortgage   Fico8

TU 622     624

EX 647   626

EQ 598    627

I have found the longer I rebuild the closer and closer they get to each other 

Message 4 of 15
RA26
New Contributor

Mine were a variety of difference. 

The last time I pulled both scores, my mortgage score was lower by 30 points - equifax, 8 points lower on transunion and than 2 points higher on experian. 

I hope to have new mortgage scores soon. The last time I pulled was back in July I think and I'm about ready for my Oct. scores to pop up. I'll post new numbers if they are wildly different. 

Starting Score: 633
Current Score: 638
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's mine:

06/22/2015

EQ08 701 EQ05 609
TU08 695 TU04 686
EX08 692 EX02 640

Then 06/24, I dropped a nuclear bomb on my reports with a significant number of inquiries & new accounts.

I pulled a new 3B on 10/03/2015.

EQ08 668 EQ05 639
TU08 711 TU04 680
EX08 687 EX02 647

At the time I pulled this latest 3B, I had 3 cards reporting a small balance each.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My mortgage scores tend to be about 15 points higher. But there is no way of knowing. Wait until everything has cleared before ppurchasing a new report.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My mortgage scores tend to be about 15 points higher. But there is no way of knowing. Wait until everything has cleared before ppurchasing a new report.

Yeah - that is the plan........I just think I'm getting really close on my scores......My mid Fico 8 is a 651 - with TU not having dropped a collection that came off the other two this week and usually that is my mid score... waiting impatiently!   

I still have 2 new cards that aren't reporting yet, which I think will help me too.   I've come a LONG way in a SHORT time - really only a few months.....but I am anxious.

Thanks everyone so far!

Message 8 of 15
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Look at my signature line below for score differences

Message 9 of 15
happy0510
Established Contributor

Does anyone know if the Mortgage Score is weighing heavily on installment balance %? 

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.