Busybee

Mortgage score

Hi folks,

Getting ready to close my first home in about 30 days.  Excited and scared at the same time now that I am carrying a  monthly $2500 mortgage for the next 30 years.  Anyways, I was told that taking on a new mortgage will decrease the credit score?  Vice-versa, I also heard that in increases it too.  Which one is true?  Anybody bought a home and see any of the scenarios I mention?  My goal is to hit 700 mid-score (currently 660 mid) so I can refinance the auto loan to a lower rate offerred by my bank but stips is 700 score to do so.  I would be saving about $60-80 per month which will help out toward the extra expenses with new home ownership.  Any info would help and thanks again.  Good luck to all!

Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Mortgage score

Generally, a mortage will increase your scores as it adds to your mix of credit.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Mortgage score

Short term hit for the INQ's

Long term gain- NEVER BE LATE

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}