Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage scores 570-777?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage scores 570-777?

After applying for a mortgage I was told by my lender that I needed to get my credit score up. So I have been sending letters and documentation to creditors and CRAs for a couple months in order to update incorrect info. A BoA CO was verified as accurate multiple times despite fraud app claim that was made (2012). I finally contacted CFPB to complain about BoA furnishing information resulting from ID theft.

As of today, TransUnion deleted the derogatory account, causing my fico8 to increase from 614 to 777. The other two bureas have not updated. My loan hinges upon this.. .

My scores are as follows (My FICO)
FICO8/(5,4,2)
EQ 637 / 630
TU 777 / 747
EX 570 / 563

I contacted OC (BoA) nd they had no info verifying the dispute had been resolved...she said it was still pending results. My question is, if TU has deleted the trade line, did that data nesecarily come from new BoA info? If so, can I expect EX & EQ to reflect that deletion now that BoA has updated their records?
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage scores 570-777?

You need to take advantage of the laws afforded you in the FCRA and get these excluded for good from your CRs.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage scores 570-777?

Thanks for that advice, awesome thread you linked to. It worked. Sent more letters and made calls. As of right now, updated scores are: TU 777-->784; Experian 570-->767; Equifax 637-->710 (last has not deleted the fraud account but did reverse age the account and updated balance to zero. Hoping it just needs an extra step to remove.)

Woohoo! I can't believe I actually have good credit? Knowledge is power Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.