cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage scores suddenly soared!

tag
arn0822
Valued Member

Re: Being nosey, what lender did you use? We are going to try...

Will you please send me the name of the lemder as well?  Thanks.

Started establishing business credit 08/2021.
AMEX Amazon Business Prime | AMEX Lowes 4PROS| FNBO | Quill | Uline |Grainger | Floor & Decor | ExxonMobile | Capital One Sparks Business | Amazon Business Credit Net 30 | Amazon Net 55 | Office Max/Office Depot
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Being nosey, what lender did you use? We are going to try...

So was the Verizon account removed or is it under dispute?

Congrats on making strides in your rebuild. 

Message 12 of 13
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

Re: Mortgage scores suddenly soared!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, soared is not the right word.

see the mortgage scores in my sig from March. I was unable to get that mid score to 620 after doing everything I could. Well, after CCT purchase told me that MyFICO was slow to update, I paid for the 3b just to see where I was.

My mortgage scores are now: EQ 598 (boo), TU 622, and EX 626. Had I apped now I would be enjoying a much better mortgage experience. As it is, the 6 in file on my desk and the fact that I go into second UW today or tomorrow with a locked rate of 4.125% on a VA loan from a manual underwrite and the most leniant bank in the world (oh, they charge for that lol)...

But I don't care! I'm so happy to have reached that threshold. Of course, these are my lowest scores. My others are higher by 20+ points (except TU is right on). After the 9th I will enjoy another boost as I've paid a cc down to 0 while carring <10% on my only other cc.  Can't wait to close to go on an app spree and continue my rebuild!

If you are content with your scores congrats to you.  I would have personally waited until my scores were in the 700s.  You just never no what collection may pop up(valid or invalid) that can tank your scores and throw you into a panic and get denied right before closing.  

Def NOT content with my scores lol. With a VA loan you only need to have a mid score of 620 to see decent rates. Luckily, I don't have anything else out there waiting to bite me. Had I known more before we were getting ready to buy, I would've added a few credit cards and that would have shot my score up pretty reasonably but I didn't know then and then it was too late to app for anything so close to wanting to buy. We had to close this year because with a pretty decent income we were getting KILLED in taxes and I needed the write off. So yea, looking back I would've done some things differently. But I managed to rebuild at the same time I managed to get a mortgage and now I have to add the credit cards after to further maximize the score and then garden for a bit. I did it a bit backwards but it was necessary for us Smiley Wink.

I did mines backwards as well.  I didn't find out about this site until I pulled the trigger and applied for a mortgage.  I closed with a VA loan and went on an app spree the same day.  My credit scores increased immediately.  Now with the things I've learned on this site, I'll be responsible and keep the upward trend going.  

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.