Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage scores

Question... Has anyone ever heard of a buy down rate for home loan rates?
Message 11 of 18
cmony787
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Question... Has anyone ever heard of a buy down rate for home loan rates?

Here is a good post where Shane the Man answers some questions about buy down 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Sellers-buying-down-points/m-p/367981#M25065

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they were the same too. But they aren't. The scores were pulled on the same day. And they're was a 10 point difference
Message 14 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought they were the same too. But they aren't. The scores were pulled on the same day. And they're was a 10 point difference

S10 has it right, if the lender is using the same scores as 99.9999% of the mortgages underwritten in the States do, they match here identically unless there's a change between the report here and the lender pull.  

If it doesn't, you may be in the rare unicorn of a portfolio lender, but the most likely explanation is something changed.  I assume you did a full 3B report here prior to talking to your mortgage lender?  Same day doesn't necessarily mean identical unfortunately unless you're absolutely 100% sure on your reporting dates, then it's darned close to fully accurate admittedly.

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to check your lender score disclosure for sanity purposes, often they list the explicit score used which is easy to compare to see if they did something non-standard.

        
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have the ultimate super package (forget the real name) with monthly reports......pulled it then said yes to mortgage lender and they pulled it hours later.....could something have changed in that amount of time?? I guess it could have. ..

Just funny cuz I was deniweld based off thwireless score by 5 points.....and there was a 10 point difference.....

Of course I chose the one lender that the scores didn't match up.... Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I have the ultimate super package (forget the real name) with monthly reports......pulled it then said yes to mortgage lender and they pulled it hours later.....could something have changed in that amount of time?? I guess it could have. ..

Just funny cuz I was deniweld based off thwireless score by 5 points.....and there was a 10 point difference.....

Of course I chose the one lender that the scores didn't match up.... Smiley Sad

So look at the score sheet and see what they pulled; worst case just go talk to another lender, they're all over the place.

I will state with utter certainty that millions of mortgages have been underwritten with the scores MF provides as "the ones used in mortgage lending."  It is vanishingly unlikely you will get anything else, portfolio lenders do exist, but they're nearly as rare as the mythical phoenix in terms of your stumbling over one by accident, and even then most use the standard score set.

The likely occurence, is yes something did change between between the MF pull and the lender pull, and Occam's Razor does apply unfortunately.  Can sanity check that too by pulling reports over at CK and just seeing if something doesn't match the MF report, 10 points is an inquiry or one too many balances reporting for example and both of those are minor changes.

        
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated......
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.