Established Member
nolimits

Mortgages...and Less than Perfect Credit?

Looking to saddle back up and buy another house.  This will be #4 for me.

Unfortunately when I owned my last house, I experienced some life situations (divorce & loss of job) that marred up my credit rating.  All that occurred during 2007 to 2009.  Additionally it seems I keep finding these bloody nagging medical collections popping up from time to time as well.  The medical stuff is the only "new" items, and that is at least 6 months ago.  During the divorce and job loss, I experienced some 90 day lates on a few CC accounts, car loans and some 60 day lates on my mortgage.  Thankfully there were no repossessions or foreclosures but I did suffer a judgment on a loan (been PIF at least 3 years).

As you can imagine I am a bit nervous about applying.  Any recommendations for companies that will work with me and my less than perfect past?

Thanks.

It is only the poor who pay cash, and that not from virtue, but because they are refused credit. - Anatole France

FICO Scores (1/6/13): EX 642 and TU 670

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}