Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgages reporting late while in BK?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Mortgages reporting late while in BK?

recently a mortgage that I filed chapter 13 on reported late every month for the last 27 months.  I THOUGHT once that debt was included in BK, they could only report that it was in BK and they had to stop reporting after that and they COULD NOT report late each month and continue to ruin your credit.

Please tell me which way is true and how I fix this, because when I dispute it, they just verify it and it remains, and when I talked to mortgage company today, she said they would continue reporting UNTIL I completed my ch 13 and it was finalized and then they would delete the account ( I think she meant they would stop reporting, not delete!) 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgages reporting late while in BK?

Your best bet is to have this moved to the bankruptcy or general credit sections for advice.  This section of myFICO primarily deals with mortgage qualifying.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.