Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Hard Inquiries - Quicken Loans

tag
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Multiple Hard Inquiries - Quicken Loans

I had been wondering why I had 7 inquiries on my TU report - and now know why. Last year, I re'fied my primary home and an investment rental property with Quicken Loans. I see that they put 4 HP inquiries on my TU report, 1 on 1/16/2013 and 3 on 1/17/2013. I expected 2, and thought maybe they would put a total of 4 - 2 at initial, and then 2 closer to closing. But they are all right together.

Were they right in doing that? I really didn't concern myself enough to pull a credit report (just saw I had 7 on Credit Karma and wondered why). Now I'm looking at getting a loan for another investment property and wondered if that would even make a difference. They are all over 1 year now, and my TU FICO is very good.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Multiple Hard Inquiries - Quicken Loans

@ficobgtx wrote:

I had been wondering why I had 7 inquiries on my TU report - and now know why. Last year, I re'fied my primary home and an investment rental property with Quicken Loans. I see that they put 4 HP inquiries on my TU report, 1 on 1/16/2013 and 3 on 1/17/2013. I expected 2, and thought maybe they would put a total of 4 - 2 at initial, and then 2 closer to closing. But they are all right together.

Were they right in doing that? I really didn't concern myself enough to pull a credit report (just saw I had 7 on Credit Karma and wondered why). Now I'm looking at getting a loan for another investment property and wondered if that would even make a difference. They are all over 1 year now, and my TU FICO is very good.

No idea why you'd have three inquiries on the same day, that's unusual, but maybe could be explained due to the fact that you were refinancing two properties?

However the good news is that it's no longer affecting your FICO score, since they're over 1 year old.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.